History of Kilmashogue Golf Club

History

 

 In 1909 Mr. O'Brien-Butler, a well-known Irish composer, retained the services of  W. C.  Pickeman of Portmarnock Golf Club to design and lay out a nine-hole course on his estate at Kilmashogue. It was run as a proprietary club and in those times it was relatively inaccessible. Thus the original club foundered in 1911 when many of its members left and formed Grange Golf Club, including its then President. 

Golf was not played at Kilmashogue until the course was re-developed by St. Columba's College and play began in 1994. The College issued annual licences to allow golfers, many of them former students at St Columba's, to play on the course.   These licencees then called a meeting and Kilmashogue Golf Club was founded, or indeed re-founded, in 1995.

Since 1995 the Club has made major advances, not only in terms of the Course, but also with the new Clubhouse which opened to the Members in 2005.

Kilmashogue Golf Club has twice hosted qualifying rounds of the Pierce Purcell Shield for the GUI and has been highly praised on both occasions for the excellent condition of the course and the hospitality shown to all. We were very proud of our Ladies when they won the Mark Bloom Trophy in 2010.

We compete at most levels in GUI and ILGU competitions and enter most of the interclub team events every year. 

Contact Us

Kilmashogue Golf Club,   (at St Columba's College),
Whitechurch,   Dublin 16,       Ireland  

Office Phone:                               01 495 2237

Office open:  Wed & Thur 9.30 -12.30, Fri 2 - 5pm

Course Status Phone:                  01 493 0729 

Email:          kilmashoguegc@eircom.net

Sat Nav: 53deg 19.015N 6deg 22.266W

Search

Search - Use spaces to separate your keywords
Image
© 2017 Kilmashogue Golf Club